Premier League rumours: Sheffield Wednesday boss makes Murphy claim, Liverpool eye Dortmund man
Here’s your round-up of all the latest transfer gossip from across the Premier League for Saturday, September 26.
Monk delivers Murphy update
Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has said that he is still interested in signingwinger .
That is despite Steve Bruce ruling out the possibility of the player leaving this summer.
“The door will always be open for someone like Jacob and he knows that. Obviously, he has got a lot of other interest as well,” Monk told.
“But he’s another club’s player and that is part of the process. You keep the door open, but you always try and assess what else is about as you go through it.
“We’re not just focused on Jacob; we are trying to focus on the whole squad.
“At this moment, nothing is imminent but we are trying to work hard behind the scenes to see what we can do.”
Liverpool keen on Reyna
Liverpool are keeping a close eye on Dortmund teenager Giovanni Reyna, according to reports in Germany.
claims that the Premier League champions are one of several big clubs keeping tabs on the 17-year old, who has emerged as one of Europe’s most exciting young talents.
Reyna is set to extend his contract at Dortmund until 2023 when he turns 18 in November, but the Reds believe the American is capable in following in the footsteps of Christian Pulisic in moving to England, and may well be tempted to make a move.
Inter desperate to land Kante
Serie A giants Inter Milan have made Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante their top transfer target this summer.
But, according to, they will need to sell some of their current squad in order to meet Chelsea’s £46m asking price.
Chelsea have spent over £200m in this window in order to freshen up their squad ahead of the coming season, and it seems that departures are likely.
Inter believe Kante is the ideal candidate to anchor their midfield this season, but there is clearly plenty of work to be done before a deal can be completed.
Lyon president confirms Aulas bid
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas says Arsenal have made an offer for Houssem Aouar, but insists it’s currently way below the club’s valuation of the player.
Reports had previously claimed that the 22-year old had agreed personal terms with the Gunners ahead of a £32m bid, but Aulas has since taken to Twitter to set the record straight.
“At Lyon there will be very few departures: for Houssem, Arsenal is much too far from his value: we count on him to make a big game in Lorient and lead OL in Champions League next year.”
It’s believed that the French giants are holding out for a bid closer to £55m.