Liverpool secure major deal, Chelsea splash out and Wolves continue spending spree
Premier League clubs have been busy getting their summer transfer business done despite the difficulties in doing so in these strange times.
The COVID-19 lockdown forced last season to run into August meaning the 2020 summer transfer window has been reshaped.
The market opened on July 27 and will now run for 10 weeks before deadline day on October 5.
Man United news live: Sancho talks not dead yet, Telles deal close, James decision
Arsenal news: Aouar latest, Torreira to Spain, starlet can leave but Elneny may stay
Kai Havertz has completed ain this summer’s most expensive deal to date.
Meanwhile, the likes of Wolves, Aston Villa and Leeds United have joined Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City in spending big.
Here, talkSPORT.com takes you through the most expensive deals to be signed and sealed so far this summer.
The 20 most expensive signings made by Premier League clubs this summer
20. Emiliano Martinez (Arsenal – Aston Villa) £20m
19. Abdoulaye Doucoure (Watford to Everton ) £20m
18. Callum Wilson (Bournemouth to Newcastle) £20m
Newcastle have signed England striker Callum Wilson17. James Rodriguez (Real Madrid to Everton) £20m
16: Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich to Liverpool) £20m
15. Ferran Torres (Valencia to Manchester City) £21m
14. Allan (Napoli to Everton) £22m
13. Timothy Castagne (Atalanta to Leicester) £25m
12. Rodrigo (Valencia to Leeds) £26m
11. Gabriel Magalhaes (Lille to Arsenal) £27m
10. Nelson Semedo (Barcelona – Wolves) £27.6m
9. Ollie Watkins (Brentford to Aston Villa) £28m
8. Fabio Silva (Porto to Wolves) £35m
7. Hakim Ziyech (Ajax to Chelsea) £36m
6. Donny van de Beek (Ajax to Manchester United) £40m
5. Nathan Ake (Bournemouth to Manchester City) £41m
4. Ben Chilwell (Leicester to Chelsea) £45m
3. Diogo Jota (Wolves to Liverpool) £45m
2. Timo Werner (RB Leipzig to Chelsea) £48m
1. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea) £71m